Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Final PR Class

Tonight I have my last class for public relations.  Ever.  In my life.  It's kind of weird because for the past four years I've been on this PR track, and now it's finally coming to an end.  I've had to watch seniors scramble to fit all their classes in at the last minute, but I was smart and started taking the classes as early as possible and spread them out.  So now, next semester, I have all electives.

My last class is an important one, because we acted as a real PR agency for a non-profit organization.  Let's just say that this experience has been....well, an experience.  I've learned that working with clients isn't exactly easy, especially when they don't want to admit that they don't know everything.  But whatever, I'm over it.

I hope that these last four years haven't been a waste.  I've got an internship lined up next semester with Joel Fitzpatrick Design to work on his PR, and from there I hope to be able to make some sort of career from all of this information I've acquired.

So, if you know anyone who's hiring next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment