Friday, December 9, 2011

NFL Concussion Catastrophe

Colt McCoy, rookie quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, really got rocked last night when he received a helmet-to-helmet hit from Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.


I mean, wow.  That makes me cringe up every time I rewind it.  But get this: McCoy gets back in the game just 2 plays later.
Is anyone else a little skeptical about this?  The kid falls to the ground rigid, rolling around in obvious pain (cranial pain, I might add), and he's up and ready to get back in the game in 3 minutes?
I guess I wasn't the only one, since McCoy's dad is the one hitting the media, claiming that the Browns didn't perform a concussion test on his son even though the signs were obvious.  After the game, McCoy told reporters that he couldn't remember the hit, and that the bright lights of their cameras were bothering him.

Um, helloOoOo?  I haven't even been passed a CPR test and it seems like I could've done a lot more for poor Colt than his highly-trained-and-certified athletic staff.

The Browns better get on this quick and reassure their fans that they do, in fact, care about their players' health and not just their athletic ability.  Otherwise, they could face not only NFL investigation into their care and treatment, but those tragic Clevelandites may just decide to side with a player instead of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment